A man from Northamptonshire has admitted stealing more than £600 from the house building firm he worked for by using the company fuel card on his partner’s car.
The theft was discovered when the Northampton-based company in question, Life Space Developments Ltd, noticed 12 unauthorised transactions on the card’s account, linked to an unknown car.
The car belonged to the partner of Charles Pipe, from Baker Street in Irthlingborough, a carpenter for the company who had been given a company car with a Fuel Card.
During a hearing at Northampton Magistrate’s Court yesterday, the court heard how Pipe had stolen the card and in November last year, spent £606.54 on fuel with it. He admitted the theft both to his employers and the police and said that he had been “strapped for cash”.
He was ordered to pay the full amount back to the company, as well as an £85 victim surcharge and £15 in court costs.
Import your Fuel card transactions into JobWatch. Using this data, litre per journey is automatically calculated all reports display MPG.
Founder & CEO
Cardinus and BigChange introduce Health & Safety services to compliment the JobWatch System.
Cardinus Risk Management is delighted to be working in Partnership with BigChange to bring a range of specialist safety services and solutions to their clients. Making sure employees, customers and the public are safe and that businesses comply with relevant safety legislation is vitally important but also a difficult and time consuming task. Often there isn’t a lot of accessible or easy to understand guidance readily available on what we should and shouldn’t be doing. The newly formed service; Big Change Risk Management will help organisations achieve this vital goal with minimal fuss so that more time can be spent on the activities that make customers happy and businesses run more efficiently and profitably. Everyone at Big Change and Cardinus feel this new service continues the great work the JobWatch System does in streamlining process, speeding up work and making organisations run more smoothly. Services on offer from BigChange
Risk Management will include:
- Safety Audits, consultancy, policy/process development and employee/management training
- Fleet Risk Management including, licence checking, driver risk assessments and in vehicle – Driver training supported by JobWatch
- Pre and post job risk assessments and checks built into the JobWatch platform
- ISO certification consultation
- Safety E-Learning – DSE, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Safe Driving, Induction, Management training
- Property Risk Management including, Fire risk assessments, H&S Audits, Asbestos audits, insurance and building surveys
Founder & CEO