No summer drought for busy drainage firms: How drainage engineer software helps you cope with more work
July 2022 was England’s driest month since 1935, and August hasn’t been much wetter. But this lack of water is actually leading to more work for drainage and sewage companies.
Firms are called on to make urgent fixes to drought-damaged pipes. And they are inspecting and clearing drains ready for the downpours that often follow long dry periods.
To address this demand, drainage companies are looking for ways they can do more with the same resources. This is exactly what a complete job management system – like BigChange’s drainage job management software – is there to help with.
Get to urgent work fast with a drainage scheduling app
With dry weather affecting so much of the UK, drainage companies must be able to act fast to fix problems across their customer network. A smart drainage scheduling app can:
- Give easy oversight of all field-based teams so you can get a nearby engineer out fast
- Guarantee that the engineer allocated has the skills/tools needed for a first-time fix
- Schedule fast, efficient routes so workers arrive at jobs in good time
Keep engineers safe and work on track
With engineers working harder in hotter, drier conditions, firms should take every precaution to keep them safe. But as work stacks up, it’s vital to carry out compliance in the most efficient way. By switching from paper to digital job sheets, you can:
- Set up workflows that make sure engineers haven’t forgotten vital checks
- Save time in the field and at back-office by capturing records once and saving them automatically in the cloud
- Require photos of completed jobs to make sure work is done right-first-time.
With improved compliance, you can keep your people safe while helping them get started on their urgent jobs faster.
Use powerful automation to keep customers cool
Temperatures and tempers flare up in the heat. Communicate clearly with customers to avoid stress and give outstanding service. Job management software, like BigChange’s, makes this easy by:
- Putting customers in control of when and how they book with a bespoke online booking portal
- Automating alerts, ETAs and job updates so your customers feel in control and in the loop.
- Automatically sharing invoices on sign-off, cutting invoice queries and service disputes.
Automate key steps in the customer journey to turn quality service into your competitive advantage while saving time for frontline and back-office staff.
BigChange keeps the work flowing with drainage engineer software
Drainage companies will be called on urgently during this long, hot summer. BigChange is here to help.
- Using BigChange’s job management platform, Sapphire Utility Solutions reported a 100 per cent rise in productivity across its Severn Trent Water Network Operations
- BigChange also helped sewerage solution specialist Jet Aire Services eliminate virtually all paper from the management and scheduling of its work
SIGN UP FOR BIGCHANGE NEWS AND RESOURCES
By clicking ‘Subscribe’ you confirm you are happy to receive regular email newsletters from BigChange. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.