Small Enterprises Day: How SMEs are growing stronger with BigChange
27 June 2022
Small businesses are the backbone of the UK economy and account for three-fifths of total employment.
On June 27 we’re celebrating the UN’s Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises Day, and showcasing how our SME customers have grown stronger running on BigChange.
For more than 1,700 customers – in trades from Plumbing and Heating to Buildings Maintenance and Fire and Security – our complete job management platform has been a ‘game-changer’.
In many cases, businesses have grown spectacularly running on BigChange. Gartec, a lift supply company, grew its turnover by £1 million without needing to add new office support staff. Facilities management firm Nserv grew revenues from £1.2 million to £5 million in 2 years and boosted productivity by 70%. Sapphire Utility Solutions increased its productivity by 100%.
Here are three key features of Big Change that help SMEs achieve those kinds of results:
1. Manage your business digitally, simply, and in one place
BigChange gives managers a clear, real-time, 24/7overview of how work is going and the business is performing. For SMEs in trades from Hire to Waste and Recycling, the complete job management platform:
- gives instant insight into KPIs
- takes the hassle out of operations by getting the right teams, assets and vehicles to the job – automatically
- cuts travel time, fuel costs and field admin
Michael Yeadon, Operations Manager at Generator Power, says this oversight is a “game-changer”.
2. Give world-class customer service, and win glowing reviews
One in four customers is willing to pay up to 10% more in almost every industry if they know they’ll get excellent customer service.
For SMEs with customer-facing field-service teams, consistent excellence in customer service can be hard. Those using BigChange can offer customers:
- a self-service booking portal that works on all digital devices
- automated, personalised job confirmations and ETA messages
- instant invoices and access to key documents
Paul Quealey, Managing Director at Complete Shutter Services, says, “Our customers now expect accurate and real-time reports. BigChange allows us to do just that.”
3. Take the pain out of growth by subcontracting simply
Rapid growth can be difficult to manage and sustain for SMEs with field-service teams. But by working with other businesses running on BigChange, field-service companies can deliver bigger contracts and enter new markets easily.
The BigChange Network makes it quick and easy to find subcontractors and manage work done in your name. It lets SMEs:
- allocate jobs to partners at the click of a button
- provide automated job sheets, customer feedback surveys, health-and-safety documents and billing
- monitor job progress of jobs in real-time.
Find out how BigChange can help your business enjoy these benefits, by booking a free consultation today. You can also get helpful guides and tips delivered to your inbox by subscribing to our newsletter below.
SIGN UP FOR BIGCHANGE NEWS AND RESOURCES
By clicking ‘Subscribe’ you confirm you are happy to receive regular email newsletters from BigChange. You can unsubscribe from these emails at any time.