Leeds, 16 March 2021 – When it comes to the digital transformation of public services, Sheffield City Council has taken a pioneering approach to improving how key services are delivered, working in partnership with BigChange.
BigChange’s cutting-edge mobile workforce system, has already improved the efficiency, compliance and performance of several key services, as well as the day-to-day experience of service users and council employees.
This report details how Sheffield City Council, working in partnership with BigChange, has transformed how several of its services are delivered:
- Smart job scheduling and vehicle tracking has improved the efficiency and quality of Sheffield’s Special Educational Needs Transport service, and saved thousands of hours a year.
- Digitising compliance checks in facilities management has improved coordination of inspection teams and made reporting more manageable in the field.
- By employing smarter logistics in social housing maintenance, Sheffield has reduced driving time and CO2 emissions, and achieved a 33% increase in on-time deliveries.
- By replacing paper-based reporting with a digital solution, Sheffield has made flood-protection inspections faster and more responsive.
- BigChange helped Sheffield establish an outstanding Covid-19 PPE distribution scheme, enabling a small team to coordinate the delivery of over 20 million PPE items to 500 contacts a month.
- Sheffield is leading the way in remote workforce management for cleaning services, enabling a team of three people to coordinate and support the activities of 124 cleaners, remotely.