Azure BI Technical Architect
Background Information Of Company:
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
This role arises from BigChange’s rapid business growth. JobWatch is a multi-tenanted, SaaS and mobile applications providing transaction processing for operational data from all customers’ business and resource locations minute-by-minute. Data is comprehensive, user extensible and includes customers’ prospects, customers, correspondence, pricing, sales opportunities, orders, jobs, risk assessments, job worksheets, engineers/drivers, vehicles, stock and equipment, locations, and financial transactions. This role enables business insight to be available for customers and BigChange from exploring this data.
- Design, build and maintain Azure EDW/BI technical architecture to industry best practices and standards
- Ensure the scalability of the architecture to meet future business demand
- Design efficient EDW data models
- Design efficient ETL/ELT processes to extract, transform and load data from multiple source systems using Azure technology stack
- Performance tune implemented Azure architectural components
- Liaise with vendors and 3rd parties to resolve any challenges and provide top-quality solutions
- Ensure BigChange’s customers and their Personally Identifiable Information (PII), plus any other sensitive data is secured within the BigChange Data Lake and Data Warehouse
- Provide advice and support to other colleagues on system functionality
- Be aware of, and evaluate, the latest releases of relevant technologies
- Manage, document and improve the data flow processes and system records
- Actively attend and contribute in Agile sprint ceremonies/meetings
- Liaise and communicate to other departments such as Product Development, Testing and Professional Services (customer-specific software development team) to add value to their roles
- Manage deliverables to deadlines agreed with Chief Analytics Officer and other members of the Leadership team
- Provide training support to other members of the company and be a brand ambassador to BigChange
- Consider security at each stage of product and software life-cycle and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy
Who we are looking for
- 3+ years’ experience in:
- similar technical architect role i.e. building Enterprise Data Warehouse/Business Intelligence system
- working with Azure cloud platform
- data modelling for Enterprise Data Warehouse ecosystems
- using Azure MPP or related systems (SQL DW/Synapse or APS)
- Microsoft Reporting tools (Power BI and SSRS)
- Microsoft ETL tools with near real-time workloads (SSIS or DTS)
- 1+ years’ experience in:
- Azure Databricks (ideally with near real-time workloads)
- Azure Data Factory (ideally with near real-time workloads)
- Strong experience using T-SQL for querying data and managing MPP and SMP databases
- Good experience using any of the following languages: Scala, Python, C#
- There is an opportunity to cross train in AWS environment-
- Able to write clear and concise technical documentation with due regard for the knowledge and skill levels of the target readers
- Approachable and friendly to developers, support staff, business colleagues and customers, a trusted source of technical advice to others in the company
- Agile development approach with due regard for configuration management, specification/documentation, review and testing
- Able to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- An inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike
- Able to convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- Have good people skills and the ability to handle objections where required
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- Have an organised and proactive approach to work
We would also like:
- In depth experience of any of the following Azure services will be a significant advantage: Log Analytics, Automation, Event Grid, Functions
- Strong experience using the following languages: Scala, Python, C#
- Experience of Azure AI Services
- Azure DevOps continuous integration / deployment pipelines
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’ or agreed otherwise
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 5% employee)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Free massage in the office
- Free Yoga Classes
- Cash Health Plan
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks every quarter from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Remote
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate obtaining a BS7858 Certification during their probationary period. BigChange reserves the right to withdraw any offer if an employee is not able to obtain a BS7858 Certificate. The probationary period will be extended if all HR information is not complete by the end of the initial probationary period.
BigChange are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now