Digital Content & Communications Director
Background Information Of Company:
Launched in 2013 and based in Leeds, UK, BigChange has built a mobile workforce management platform that is trusted by 50,000 mobile workers and back-office personnel at 1,500 organisations around the world. BigChange employs 170 people and signed over £20m worth of new contracts in 2020. BigChange’s pioneering all-in-one mobile workforce and job management solution, JobWatch, provides organisations of any size with a paperless means of planning, managing, scheduling, and tracking their mobile workforce operations. For more information please visit www.bigchange.com.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Digital Content & Communications director will be responsible for all aspects our market communications across the PESO model (paid, earned, shared and owned media): public and influencer relations, corporate communications, all forms of editorial and marketing content, and brand strategy and deployment across all brand touchpoints.
You will craft and maintain the company brand positioning, including messaging, tone, and public and analyst relations.
The role will define and advance our editorial vision, planning, producing, and analysing the content we create. This role will own our editorial calendar and written guidelines, as well as determine sources for content both internally and externally. This person may also be asked to create a network of freelancers and go-to influencers in our industry, format our content, and line edit.
Goals include: Positioning BigChange as a thought leader and best-in-class software provider. Driving awareness, engagement and decision making for BigChange and its products. Influencing public opinion through PR and influencer relations to generate earned media coverage.
- Build, lead and manage team responsible for telling the company story, both internally and via agencies and freelancers
- Build the brand through exceptional creative, by nurturing relationships with influencers, and by producing the most remarkable content in the industry.
- Own brand positioning and messaging.
- Provide strategic guidance on identifying and engaging with media, analysts, and influencers.
- Provide creative direction on brand-level video, web, and graphic design projects. Build our editorial calendar and written guidelines.
- Determine topics and sources for content creation, both internally and externally.
- Serve as an exemplary writer, consistent with our company’s tone and mission. You ensure we write clean, concise, well-polished copy.
- Review content produced by your teammates, including conceptualizing the projects upfront and copy-editing prior to publishing.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and customer challenges in order to build a more effective editorial calendar.
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
- Proven and visible marketer, with experience overseeing a team of creatives and/or public relations and media outreach experts.
- Leadership experience with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Driven by creative intuition but able to gut check and course-correct with data, as well as report results and optimize using data.
- Excellent eye for design and typography and the ability to deliver constructive feedback on projects to the creative team.
- Experience managing an editorial calendar for a media publication or marketing team.
- Proficient in HubSpot’s Content Optimization System (COS) and its content scheduling, publishing, and optimization features.
- Experience with other creative disciplines a plus (e.g. video, events, front-end, audio/visual, etc.).
Your Skills and Interests:
- Strong, proactive leadership
- Ability to lead simultaneous initiatives in an entrepreneurial culture
- Multi-task oriented with desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter, challenger, strategic planner, analytical thinker
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Sense of humour and willingness to experiment
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’ or agreed otherwise
- Pension plan (NEST 3% employer, 5% employee)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Free massage in the office
- Free Yoga Classes
- Cash Health Plan
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Location of work: Leeds / Remote
Reporting to: CMO
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate obtaining a BS7858 Certification during their probationary period. BigChange reserves the right to withdraw any offer if an employee is not able to obtain a BS7858 Certificate. The probationary period will be extended if all HR information is not complete by the end of the initial probationary period.
BigChange are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now