Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental Officer
This role arises from BigChange’s rapid business growth. JobWatch is a multi-tenanted, SaaS, mobile applications and vehicle tracking workforce management system providing transaction processing for operational data from all customers’ business and resource locations minute-by-minute. Data is comprehensive, user extensible and includes customers’ prospects, customers, correspondence, pricing, sales opportunities, orders, jobs, risk assessments, job worksheets, engineers/drivers, vehicles, stock and equipment, locations, and financial transactions.
An important aspect of the system is that it is location aware; and this achieved in part using tracking devices and cameras in our customers’ 30,000 commercial vehicles to provide location, speed, driving behaviour and video. Technologies in this field are developing fast with the trends towards electric vehicles and the internet of things.
This role for a computing or electronics graduate is to learn telematics hardware, low level configuration and programming, and to build software engineering skills relating to tracking data processing and diagnostics.
- To co-ordinate, support and advise BigChange, its managers and employees on all aspects with regards to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental matters including acting as BigChange’s ‘competent person’ for Health and Safety
- Develop, implement and maintain BigChange’s Health & Safety Management System with a view to obtaining ISO45001:2018 certification, including policies, risk assessments, procedures, records and training, to ensure all responsibilities and legal compliance
- Support the ongoing maintenance of the ISO9001:2015 Quality Management system including maintenance of appropriate documentation, conducting internal audits and driving continuous improvements as required by the standard
- Develop, implement and maintain the ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management System
- Be the company expert with regards to managing Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental compliance within JobWatch: provide advice to colleagues, input to marketing collateral and support to customers as required
- Advise on transport compliance (including Operating Licence regulations and vehicle defect reporting) within BigChange and work to ensure BigChange’s products support our customers in their compliance management and reporting
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Any other duties that may be reasonable required of you in relation to your main duties
- A minimum of three years’ experience in health and safety management
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Health & Safety or equivalent
- Experience of carrying out risk assessments, accident investigations and training
- Experience of undertaking audits in an operational setting
- An understanding of UK and international road haulage systems and processes with good knowledge of current UK driving and working time legislation and experience of managing vehicle maintenance regimes
- Experience of integrated management systems including one or more of the following ISO standards:
- ISO45001: 2018
- ISO14001: 2015
- ISO9001: 2015
- An ability to write clearly and succinctly in a variety of communication settings and styles; can get messages across that have the desired effect.
- Good presentational and training skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: able to build appropriate rapport and constructive and effective relationships inside and outside BigChange; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high tension situations comfortably.
- Composure: is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature;
- Technical and IT learning: is able to pick up processes, systems and regulatory detail easily and explain these to others including customers
- Comfortable working without direct supervision
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Cash Health Plan
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard
Location of work: Home working & some meeting attendance at BigChange, Thorpe Park, Leeds
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate obtaining a BS7858 Certification during their probationary period. BigChange reserves the right to withdraw any offer if an employee is not able to obtain a BS7858 Certificate. The probationary period will be extended if all HR information is not complete by the end of the initial probationary period.
BigChange are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now