Power BI Developer
Reporting to: Chief Analytics Officer
This role arises from BigChange rapid business growth. JobWatch is a multi-tenanted, SaaS and mobile applications provide transaction processing for operational data from all customers’ business and resource location minute-by-minute. Data is comprehensive, user extensible and includes customers’ prospects, customers, customer correspondence, pricing, sales opportunities, orders, jobs, risk assessments, job worksheets, engineers/drivers, vehicles, stock and equipment, locations, and financial transactions. This role enables BigChange to report on the data housed in the system, allowing management to make data driven decisions from easily consumed dashboard and visualisation.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external stakeholder to design and spec Power BI reports
- Translate complex business requirements in actionable technical report specifications
- Provide expert advice on the best way to present data for ease of consumption and depth of understanding
- Write SQL to extract data from a SQL server database
- Use Power Query to transform data to in an efficient yet flexible manner
- Design and build reports in Power BI including complex bespoke DAX
- Design and build Power BI Datasets suitable for enterprise reporting
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Be aware of and comply with the BigChange Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve.
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you by BigChange, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Administer system access rights on assigned systems only and according to approved procedures only, maintaining accurate records and using multi-factor authentication and due safeguards of credentials.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar BI role
- 3+ years’ experience using Power BI
- 4+ years’ experience building data marts or reporting datasets
- 3+ years’ experience writing report\dashboard specifications from business requirements
- Strong experience using SQL for querying data in any relational database
- Strong DAX experience calculating elements within Power BI Reports
- Strong Power Query M Formula Language for building Power BI Datasets
- Writes clear and concise technical documentation including run-books, play-books, specifications, software component designs and test cases with due regard for the knowledge and skill levels of the target readers
- Approachable and friendly to developers, support staff, business colleagues and customers, a trusted source of technical advice to others in the company
- Agile development approach with due regard for configuration management, specification/documentation, review and testing
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have good people skills and the ability to objection handle where required
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Equally comfortable interacting with colleague’s face-to-face and remotely over the phone and screen-sharing
- Expert experience using SQL for querying data in SQL Server
- Expert DAX experience calculating elements within Power BI Reports
- Expert Power Query M Formula Language for building Power BI Datasets
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now