Background Information on BigChange:
JobWatch is a multi-tenanted, SaaS and mobile applications provide transaction processing for operational data from all customers’ business and resource location minute-by-minute. Data is comprehensive, user extensible and includes customers’ prospects, customers, customer correspondence, pricing, sales opportunities, orders, jobs, risk assessments, job worksheets, engineers/drivers, vehicles, stock and equipment, locations, and financial transactions.
This role in our Professional Services Team Reports Team develops SSRS reports for specific customers, industries and other system users.
This role arises from BigChange rapid business growth.
- Review detailed reporting requirements in consultation with Business Analysts, colleagues and customers
- Estimate report development and testing effort
- Write complex optimised T-SQL stored procedures to create reporting data sets
- Build complex reports from specifications
- Test software changes and document test and defects
- Work with QA analysts to ensure high quality reports/jobcard/documents
- Investigate and fix reports software and data issues
- Account for time spent and report progress
- Assist in identifying and implementing continuous improvements
- Considered security at each stage of product and software specification, development and testing and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy.
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Be aware of and comply with the BigChange Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve.
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you by BigChange, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Qualified to degree level or time served in role (Essential)
- 3 years + experience in a similar role (Preferable)
- Reporting development software: Microsoft SSRS or equivalent
- Microsoft Power BI (desirable)
- SQL: 3+ years experience creating analytical datasets
- Data warehousing tools and techniques, ETL tools (desirable)
- Business Intelligence software products, approached and development
- Agile development
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Exceptional people skills and objection handling
- Team player
- Technically competent with a keen interest in technology
- Reliable deliverer
- Attention to detail (formatting and data)
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Organised with a proactive approach to work
- Adaptable and flexible
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Cash Health Plan
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard
Location of work: Home-based, some attendance at Leeds office
Reporting to: Reports Manager
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate obtaining a BS7858 Certification during their probationary period. BigChange reserves the right to with draw any offer if an employee is not able to obtain a BS7858 Certificate. The probationary period will be extended if all HR information is not complete by the end of the initial probationary period.
BigChange are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now