Software Engineer – Financial Package Integration
Background Information Of Company:
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
The Financial Controller within this industry-leading company is to ensure the smooth operation of the finance division ensuring all management accounts are completed to an excellent standard and supporting the wider team.
The financial controller will be reporting directly to the Deputy CEO/CFO. You will be a key support to the business in the provision of high-quality business analysis and reporting to assist in understanding the financial performance and key trends of the organisation. The role will encompass periodic management reporting, planning, and forecasting, budgeting, business case preparation, and analysis in accordance with strategic priorities and year-end duties.
- Develop, maintains and shares thorough understanding of SME accounting terms, requirements, ledger/document/data structures and systems;
- Specify Financial Integration detailed requirements for BigChange financial package integration products and customer-specific software developments in consultation with customers and SME team members;
- Estimate development and testing effort, and determine dependencies on the customer and other BigChange teams;
- Assess Financial Package Integration system integration options in a distributed, cloud-based, multi-customer environment with due regard for scalability, availability, integrity, security, access management, technical environments, technology standards and trends;
- Design, code and document Financial Package Integration software and related integrations and automations;
- Test software developments and changes, develop automated and manual documented tests, and document and resolve defects;
- Investigate and fix software and data issues reported by BigChange colleagues and customers;
- Configuration management of documentation and source code;
- Account for time spent and report progress;
- Prepares end-user and technical documentation;
- Considered security at each stage of product and software specification, development and testing and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy.
- Complies with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering.
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Be aware of and comply with the BigChange Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you by BigChange, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Degree qualified or 3 + years’ experience in a similar role (Essential)
- Strong knowledge and experience of C# & .net developer (Essential)
- Technical experience to include:
- C# (mandatory: excellent level)
- MS .net (mandatory: excellent level)
- SQL Server (mandatory)/span>
- XML, web services (mandatory)
- accounts integration API (desirable: Sage 50, Xero, Sage 200, and other systems)
- Agile development
- Financial systems (e.g. Sage, Xero)
- Software integration development
- Software development
- Software product development
- Exceptional people skills, and objection handling to manage customer interactions
- Team player with the ability to work independently
- Organisation: Ability to prioritise and manage multiple requests and issues reliably, and support requests to hit deadlines
- Communication: approachable and able to communicate at all levels both verbally and written with customers, management, support, suppliers and developer on business and technical matters
- Disciplined, structured, documenter
- Adaptable: deal with a wide range of issues and request
- Reliable delivery: attention to detail when producing reliable software
- Technical: knowledgeable on all BigChange product features and direction, and all related technologies
- Customer facing: professional and presentable, manages customer expectations
- Strong technical knowledge and skills with the enthusiasm to learn new systems and technologies as required
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST)
- Health and Wellbeing contribution of £20 gross per month
- Free Virtual Yoga Classes
- Cash Health Plan
- Flexi Friday
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
Your Skills and Interests:
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard
Location of work: Remote, possible visits to Leeds office
Reporting to: Professional Services Director and Professional Services Developer Team Lead
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate obtaining a BS7858 Certification during their probationary period. BigChange reserves the right to with draw any offer if an employee is not able to obtain a BS7858 Certificate. The probationary period will be extended if all HR information is not complete by the end of the initial probationary period.
BigChange are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now