SQL Server DBA
Background Information Of Company:
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
- Database management of BigChange SQL Server databases to maintain and enhance availability, integrity and security given growing data and transaction volumes.
- Identify, document, agree, manage and deliver a program of database project works to improve availability, data integrity, scalability and security with due regard for governance and quality.
- Manage database business continuity planning, process documentation and a business continuity test program.
- Ensure performance is monitored and managed, measures are in place to protect performance, there is program of works identified to improve performance, and deliver.
- Peer review of queries proposed by developers.
- Monitor and report on key database KPIs, review and identify and deliver improvements.
- Coordinate, develop and participate in the support of database systems 24/7
- Administer system access rights on assigned systems according to approved procedures only, maintaining accurate records and using multi-factor authentication and due safeguards of credentials.
- Considered security at each stage of product and software specification, development and testing and in compliance with the Secure Development Policy.
- Complies with company policies & processes, particularly for quality, data protection, information security & secure systems engineering.
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Be aware of and comply with the BigChange Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve.
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you by BigChange, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- Qualified to Degree Level (Essential)
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft SQL server (Essential)
- Knowledge of SQL, TSQL
- Experience with working with cloud platforms, especially AWS
- Proficient in Microsoft office packages (Essential)
- Strong background with SQL Server HA technologies, particularly Availability Groups and Replication (Essential)
Your Skills and Interests:
- Excellent Communication both written and verbal
- Technical writing
- Good experience with AWS or similar cloud platforms
- Exceptional people skills and objection handling.
- Team player
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Organised with a proactive approach to work
- Adaptable and flexible
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Free massage in the office
- Free Yoga Classes
- Cash Health Plan
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office.
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard
Location of work: Remote
Reporting to: Senior DBA / CIO
Any offer is subject to the successful candidate obtaining a BS7858 Certification during their probationary period. BigChange reserves the right to withdraw any offer if an employee is not able to obtain a BS7858 Certificate. The probationary period will be extended if all HR information is not complete by the end of the initial probationary period.
BigChange are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now