Technical Support Analyst
Background Information Of Company:
JobWatch powered by BigChange plans, manages, schedules & tracks your mobile workforce! BigChange is an established force in mobile resource management, offering a host of solutions that have proven to transform the way companies manage their mobile workforces and mobile operations. By challenging convention and pushing for constant innovation, BigChange is pioneering new, intuitive and simple to use technology that delivers industry leading levels of return on investment.
BigChange is here for businesses of all sizes, from small and medium-sized enterprises through to large blue-chip organisations. No matter your size or sector. BigChange is here to make a big difference to the way you work for the better.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Investigation of customer issues raised by first line support
- Investigation and replication of software defects for raising to development team
- Advise on system settings that may resolve customer issues
- Advice on correct system operation
- Act as liaison between development team and front line support
- Monitor and respond to SaaS system availability and system disruptions
- Act as incident manager for system issues
- Validate information in relation to system issues
- Manage communication about issue resolution
- Assist in root cause analysis to determine preventative measures
- Delivers technical projects
- Lead or assist with technical project
- Management of hardware estate
- Assist Hardware Technical Director in management of tracking devices
- Investing tracking related customer issues
- Manage and support mobile device estate using MDM software (Soti Mobicontrol)
- Administer systems access
- Respond to requests for system access right changes on internal systems
- Maintain accurate records of all changes to access rights
- Manage and resolve data fixes
- Upon request from customer create SQL script for data alteration
- Review and execute SQL scripts created by other members of the team
- Support colleagues in the use of JobWatch and other systems
- Be a SME in the use of the BigChange product
- Provide advice and support to other colleagues on system functionality
- Be aware of the latest feature releases
- Assist testing team in validation of software releases
- Test resolution to system defects to ensure correct resolution
- Assist in testing of new features and functionality prior to release
- Coach and educate colleagues on technical matters
- Mobile device management system (Soti) management and support
- Manages, documents and improves technical support processes and system records.
- Manage BigChange’s personal data and confidential information responsibly, and maintain its quality, confidentiality, integrity and availability at all times. Report personal data and security near-misses and incidents promptly, and cooperate in their resolution.
- Be aware of and comply with the BigChange Health and Safety Policy and related legislation; report Health and Safety near-misses and accidents promptly and collaborate to document and resolve.
- Ensure data processing equipment assigned to you by BigChange, and any personal equipment used to process BigChange data or access BigChange systems, is kept secure and used in accordance with the Acceptable Usage Policy.
- 5+ years’ experience in a similar application support role (Essential)
- Understand and proficient in a wide range of technologies and support tools including good standard of SQL
- Understand and competent managing cloud -based systems (AWS and Azure preferred)
- Writes clear and concise technical documentation with due regard for the knowledge and skill levels of the target readers
- Approachable and friendly to developers, support staff, business colleagues and customers, a trusted source of technical advice to others in the company
- Agile development approach with due regard for configuration management,
specification/documentation, review and testing.
Your Skills and Interests:
- Exceptional levels of technology customer service
- Technical and business big-picture thinking to enable prioritisation of monitoring and support
- Organised in managing and fulfilling multiple simultaneous requests for colleague support
- Technically strong, with recent hands-on experience in one of their core areas of technical delivery
- An ability to advise senior stakeholders, work comfortably without definition and apply a progressive technical approach to any problem
- You’ll be an inquisitive technologist and naturally encourage others to be alike.
- You’ll convey a sense of credibility and trust within the team and BigChange
- You will have exceptional people skills and ability to objection handling where required
- Ability to work individually as well as a team with an adaptable and flexible approach to work
- You will have hands-on experience
- Ability to communicate at all levels both written and verbally
- You will have an organised and proactive approach to work
- Team player, loyal to BigChange and comfortable participating in out-of-hours support rotas.
- Equally comfortable supporting colleagues face-face and remotely over the phone and
- Experience of AWS/Azure Cloud Computing Services is desirable but not essential
- Salary: Competitive
- Expenses paid for all overnight stays, subsistence and mileage whilst on business.
- 33 days holiday, plus bank holidays, plus ‘BigChange Birthday’.
- Pension plan (NEST)
- Gym membership assistance £20 gross pay monthly (for 12 months).
- Free massage in the office
- Cash Health Plan
- “Motivational Mondays” – inspiring talks monthly from extraordinary people.
- Local fruit delivered weekly to the office
- Being part of a supportive team with the ability to learn new skills and grow within the company.
- Experience cutting edge technology and be part of a company that is shaping the future.
All rewards are agreed between each employee and the company based on their role/offer letter and may differ from the standard.
Location: Office Based
Reporting to: Technical Support Manager
To apply for this job use the link below and email us your details.Apply now